Liz working on a jigsaw, from the series “Ray’s a laugh”, 1994, by Richard Billingham.
“Ray’s a Laugh (book published in 1996) is a portrayal of the poverty and deprivation in which Richard Billingham grew up. The photographs, which were taken on the cheapest film he could find, provide brash colours and bad focus which adds to the authenticity and frankness of the series.” (source)
Via Saatchi Gallery.
- tramadol-nights reblogged this from nitramar
- felixfarrell reblogged this from nitramar
- systematisms likes this
- donutsandtortillas reblogged this from nitramar
- themightydykes reblogged this from sedative1
- sedative1 reblogged this from hnnntnssn
- how-fascinating likes this
- hnnntnssn reblogged this from nitramar
- dayvmattt likes this
- nitramar posted this